Check out www.danielgray.cc
Friday, June 21
Consumed ‘13 / Promised Land COG
West Haven, CT
Tuesday, July 16
Represent Conference / Pathway of Life Church
Wednesday, July 17
Summer Love Conference / Grace Christian Center
Sunday, July 21
Church at Chapelhill
Wednesday, August 28
The Collective / Church at Chapelhill
Thursday, September 5
TBN Praise the Lord
Sunday, September 8
Irrigate Conference / South Metro Ministries
Sunday, October 20
Real Life Church
October 30 & 31
Freakshow / Church at Chapelhill
#BabyZion is going to be a big bro! :-)
Numbers and attendance are important. Don’t let the enemy convince you that you don’t need to grow. God commands growth!
God’s Commands to Grow:
1. Growth is God’s plan! Look at Genesis 1:28: “God blessed them and said to them,‘Be fruitful and increase in number;fill the earth and subdue it.’”
2. Look at the early church – first there was addition (Acts 2:41) and then there was multiplication (Acts 6:1).
3. In Acts 2 Peter preaches after he gives the altar call, In Acts 6 the disciples are meeting in homes so there are MANY altar calls.
God’s Math for Multiplication:
1. Addition – We first must work, sweat and give of ourselves.
2. Subtraction – Get rid of sin and weights (Hebrews 12:1). Weights are programs that aren’t working, unproductive leaders, etc.
3. Division – Invest time in the right people – staff and students.
4. Multiplication – Delegate and release workers.
Grow and Maintain Attendance:
1. Conduct big events only 4 or 5 times a year.
2. Use special guests who appeal to your audience.
3. Carefully follow and analyze numbers – watch for growth seasons.
4. Give students extra incentives to come to church.
5. Host free food nights.
6. Develop a strong follow up program.
* People contacted 24hrs after visiting church have an 85% retention rate.
* We must get names, visit, call, text, twitter, facebook, send post cards or letters.
7. Start a discipleship program.
* A follow up course to get teens into the basics of Christianity. At Transit we call this “Next Stop”.
8. Develop a “Be a Bringer” culture.
* Students in Transit are constantly reminded and motivated to bring a friend each week.
As we grow in numbers (with new students) we must focus on developing our core youth. We must continue to grow small as we grow big. In Transit, we do this through things like Connect Groups and Student Leadership. Hope this helps!
What’s in My Bag - where y’all at @claytonbaird @harrisonconley @judahsmith @michaelgiroux @gregorydickow ??
So pumped! This is our time! #ATLfalcons #RiseUp #Playoffs cc: @roddywhitetv @justblaze63 @ToddMcclure62
Transit Leaders Christmas Party was a BLAST!! I love these guys with all my heart. @iamtransit @chapelhill
With some students at New Manchester High School. I’m principal for a day!
The Altar Call. #transitfreakshow
Sneak peak of Freakshow rehearsal! #transitfreakshow freakshow12.com
A funny commercial our church put together about people on facebook during the upcoming election season.